Eight Members Recognized With Notable Persons of Honor Awards
During the Columbia Union year-end meetings, union leadership presented eight men and women with Notable Persons of Honor awards.
Rob Vandeman, executive secretary, used Proverbs 22:29, The Clear Word version, to describe the honorees: “Show me a man who does his work faithfully and well; he is worthy to be in the presence of kings; he is not just an ordinary man.”
He continued, “These men and women faithfully served our Lord, our church, and the community well, and whom we trust, will continue to do so in the days, weeks and years to come.”
The 2014 Notable Persons of Honor
- Jim Greene, retiring executive secretary of the New Jersey Conference
- Sandra L. Martin, director of the ACTS9 Adventist Community Services Center in Hagerstown, Md.*
- Vince Waln, owner and financial planner of LifePlan, LTD, in Ohio
- Carl Rogers, pastor of the Delaware and Zanesville churches in Ohio and a special assistant to the Allegheny West Conference president
- Terri Day, president of Kettering Adventist HealthCare based in Kettering, Ohio
- John Wagner, principal of Shenandoah Valley Academy in New Market, Va.**
- Fred Manchur, CEO of Kettering Adventist HealthCare
- Peggy Lee, secretary/treasurer of the Columbia Union Revolving Fund (CURF)
*Sandra Martin was unable to attend the ceremony. Mary Ellen Kirk accepted the award on her behalf.
**John Wagner was unable to attend the ceremony.